Schools & Groups
A Program for Homeschoolers and Youth Schooling at Home!
We have found that children learn best through experiences that inspire them to ask questions, use their senses, and discover for themselves what makes their world work. We offer an activities-based, high quality, and self-driven science program designed for children ages 6–12 years old. Throughout each session, students learn skills in scientific inquiry, explore different scientific phenomena, and learn more about the world around them. This program takes place in our indoor classroom spaces, CuriOdyssey's museum and zoo areas, and Coyote Point Park.
Our Home/Custom School program is for youth 6 to 12 years old.
Class Days: Wednesdays
Class Time: 8:30 am - 12:00pm
Fee: Member: $359/session
October 5 - November 2, 2022
Sticky slimes, disgusting dissections, and creepy critters can all make our skin crawl. Through microscopic explorations, dissections, and animal encounters, students will learn the science behind gross phenomena.
Fun with Physics
November 9 - December 14, 2022 (No class 11/23)
In this fun-filled physics session, students will use the scientific process to ask questions, build, observe, test, and create their own projects like catapults, egg drops, circuits, and more. If your child enjoys building and tinkering, then you won’t want to miss this chance for fun with physics.
January 4 - February 8, 2023 (No class 1/18)
Students will make rainbow-catching candies, taste foods that are salty or sweet, and dabble with the density of different cooking ingredients. In this fun-filled food exploration, students can test their ability to sense the 5 different taste profiles!
Science of Art
February 15 - March 15, 2023
What do scientists and artists have in common? Just about everything! Both are creative problem solvers that explore their ideas and try new things. Students will use science to create art and art to understand scientific forces. The result is a fun, messy experience that is sure to brighten their day!
April 12 - May 10, 2023
Want to know more about our animals? Become a Junior Keeper! Students will get to experience a day in the life of our Animal Keepers, which includes observation, making diets, creating animal enrichment and more. Learn about this important job and understand the crucial role people play in their lives while advocating for animal protection and conservation.
All program attendants, CuriOdyssey staff, and volunteers will be strongly encouraged to wear masks in our classrooms, museum, and zoo, practice excellent hygiene, and distance during snack time, according to CDC, State, and San Mateo County guidelines.
CuriOdyssey will provide a program with health and safety guidelines taken from the CDC, State and County Health organizations.
Participant illnesses, for example COVID-19, head lice, hand-foot-mouth, and/or pink eye, will require notification of CuriOdyssey immediately. Participants are welcomed back to the program with a doctor’s note clearing them. In the event of a COVID-19 exposure at our Home/Custom School program, CuriOdyssey staff will notify program families, per CDC, State, and San Mateo County guidelines.
Our Home/Custom School program will primarily take place in our indoor classrooms. Each room will have hand sanitizer and extra masks.
- Cancellations more than 21 days prior to the start of your program will result in a 75% refund of your program fees.
- Cancellations less than 21 days from the start of your program are not eligible for refunds.
- A full refund will be given if CuriOdyssey cancels your program.
- CuriOdyssey cannot provide partial refunds for missed classes and cannot offer a prorated price for partially attended sessions.
- Memberships are non-refundable.
- If you need to transfer sessions, please reach out to the Education Team.
- A $25 transfer fee will be collected per session transfer.
For Families Using Ocean Grove
- A non-refundable 25% deposit is required for each session. CuriOdyssey will bill Ocean Grove for the remaining session fees.
- Member: Deposit: $89.75/session; Remaining Fees: $269.25/session
- Non-Member: Deposit: $112.25/session; Remaining Fees: $336.75/session
- If you cancel your registration less than 21 days before the session, Ocean Grove will be invoiced a prorated amount of the session fee based upon the cancellation date. After Ocean Grove payment is received, you will be invoiced for the remaining fees.