Inspire love for science and curiosity about the world to create a brighter future.
Integrity: We do what’s right.
- We consider safety in everything we do.
- We are accountable, transparent and respectful.
- We are committed to environmental sustainability, conservation and the welfare of the animals in our care.
Creativity: We imagine a better way.
- We are innovative, curious and creative.
- We value fun and imagination.
- We create a better future.
Community: We are inclusive
- We value teamwork, transparency and collaboration.
- We encourage self-direction and empowerment.
- We design for diversity, equity and inclusion by centering marginalized voices.
CuriOdyssey, A Champion of Early Science Learning
Founded in 1953 as a junior museum, the museum was rebranded in 2011 as CuriOdyssey, catalyzing growth in audiences, educational programs and exhibits. During the past ten years, CuriOdyssey's annual average attendance grew from just under 70,000 to approximately 200,000 annually, and the exhibit collection has more than doubled to 48 works.
Educational programs (including public school field trips and free programming for underserved schools and groups) now serve thousands of children annually. CuriOdyssey developed one of the most sought after science camp programs for young children in the community.
With the financial support of Gilead Sciences, the museum is piloting a new program created to connect a CuriOdyssey trained team of educators, mentors, caregivers and community partners to support youth from underrepresented communities and empower them to pursue opportunities to engage in STEM learning.
Long a much-loved destination for families in the Bay Area, CuriOdyssey is increasingly known as a champion for a way of learning that engages children in science.