CODE OF CONDUCT
Guidelines for Visiting CuriOdyssey
CuriOdyssey is pleased to invite visitors of all backgrounds to engage in positive experiences that inspire a love of science and curiosity about the world. Please see the front desk if a situation arises that needs immediate attention by CuriOdyssey staff.
To foster a positive environment, CuriOdyssey expects the following from all guests:
Respect others— humans and animals included.
Be courteous to those around you. This includes fellow guests, CuriOdyssey staff and volunteers, and the animals that call CuriOdyssey “home.” Assume good intentions in the event that another family’s exploration may unintentionally interfere with your own.
Profanity, harassment, hate speech, threatening language or physical interactions, abuse of any kind, or other inappropriate public behavior are strictly prohibited. Any guest verbally or physically threatening anyone will be asked to leave the property immediately without a refund.
Parents and caregivers are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. Please have fun with, and supervise at all times, your children under age 18. There must be at least one adult or senior ticket per visitor group. Respect all fences and barriers. Do not enter animal enclosures, climb fences, feed animals, or toss items into habitats. Any behavior or activity that disrupts the safe or orderly operations of CuriOdyssey, or that affects the staff’s ability to safely provide our programs and services, is prohibited.
We welcome your…
- Picnic lunches (or food delivery orders). Although we do not have a cafe onsite, you are free to bring your own food. If you choose to have food delivered during your CuriOdyssey visit, you must be able to meet the delivery person at the CuriOdyssey roundabout (stop by the Visitor Engagement desk for a re-entry hand stamp first!). Please be mindful of our recommended eating areas and no food zones.
- Strollers and wagons. CuriOdyssey is not responsible for unattended strollers and wagons. If you choose to leave your stroller in a section of the campus in order to walk around freely, you do so at your own risk. CuriOdyssey staff may move strollers that create unsafe pathways.
- Pets, though service animals are permitted in specific areas of our campus.
- Balloons or noisemakers, for the health and safety of our zoo residents.
- Children unaccompanied by an adult. At least one adult or senior ticket must be purchased per group of visitors.
- Smoking, firearms or other weapons, or drones. These are all prohibited by Coyote Point Park, which includes CuriOdyssey’s campus.
- Alcohol brought from outside during public open hours.
Participants in Camp CuriOdyssey are also expected to follow program-specific policies and procedures, which can be found in the Camp section of our website.
Facility rental clients, including birthday party hosts, should review contract agreements for specific information about permitted and prohibited activities and items during your event.
School groups can find information about planning their visit on our Groups FAQ page.
Please see the front desk if a situation arises that needs immediate attention by CuriOdyssey staff.