Full Time (40 hours/week)
CuriOdyssey is looking for an energetic, motivated, team orientated person, open to a positively changing environment to fill the position of Animal Keeper. The incumbent assists with the care and maintenance of all living animals and the wildlife habitats at CuriOdyssey. Some of the animals in the Living Collection include: River Otters, Bobcat, Raccoons, various amphibians and snakes (including Northern Pacific Rattle snakes), Raptors and more. The Animal Keeper will assist in the supervision of the apprentice and wildlife volunteers.
- Participates in the maintenance of the Wildlife habitats, which includes servicing habitats and indoor holding areas, as well as preparing diets and feeding animal collection.
- Participates in veterinary procedures and assists with emergency treatment of animals.
- Participates with the development and implementation of enrichment, animal training and handling protocols.
- Participates in building and grounds maintenance, including cleaning / repair of exhibits, equipment and pond cleaning.
- Assists with the maintenance and improvement of animal husbandry standards; minor renovations, and improvements within the department.
- Meets with supervisors weekly to address animal health, welfare, safety, and facility maintenance.
- Trains and supervision of keeper apprentice and volunteers as requested by supervisors.
- Shows handleable animals in informal encounters.
- Presents information at scheduled animal feedings.
- Interacts with visitors and offers information on exhibited animals.
- Carries out job-related tasks as requested by supervisor.
Director of Wildlife
1651 Coyote Point Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401-1097