Frequently Answered Questions
CuriOdyssey offers three options for birthday parties:
1. The Classroom Celebration for 24 or fewer people
2. The Stair Step Shindig for 25 to 49 people
3. The Redwood Hall Revelry for parties of 50 to 100 people and/or more than two hours of party time
4. Ask about our after-hours options!
All of our guest counts include the host family, guest of honor, and all adults and children.
We recommend you first determine how many people you will invite to your party, and narrow down your choices from there.
- For 24 people or fewer, you can choose the Classroom Celebration.
- For 25 or more people, you can choose between the Redwood Hall Revelry and the Stair Step Shindig.
- We recommend the Redwood Hall if you are unsure of your guest count, as this space is flexible for more people and more time.
Parties are offered on Saturdays and Sundays only, during our open hours. Please see our birthday reservation form for specific time frames.
At this time we do not offer animal presentations or activities for parties however you are welcome to bring in an outside entertainer for the party. When booking an entertainer, please notify them of our no balloons, noisemakers, pinatas, or animals policies.
Need a recommendation for a birthday party program? Please email birthdays(at)curiodyssey.org to see what vendors we recommend.
Your party package includes:
- Two hours in a dedicated private party room
- 30 minutes for setup beforehand, and 15 minutes for cleanup afterward
- All your guests will receive free parking and all-day admission to CuriOdyssey.
- Tables and chairs will be provided in addition to bins for trash, compost, and recycling. Our tables are 8ft and 6ft in size.
- CuriOdyssey staff will not be available to help set up, facilitate or break down your party. Please plan accordingly.
Yes! You can bring in any decorations as long as there are no balloons, noisemakers, or piñatas. Please make sure these items are not in any goodie bags as well. You have 30 minutes to set up prior to the start of your party, and 15 minutes afterward to clean up, so plan your decorations accordingly.
No! As long as you are not also booking space in Coyote Point Recreation Area for your party, the vehicle entrance fee of $6/car is waived. Upon booking you will be emailed a parking permit to distribute to your guests before the party. Passes must be printed and in hand at the ranger station in order to be valid. Please instruct your guests to place the pass on their car’s dashboard.
No! Just tell your guests to mention the guest of honor’s name when they check in at the admissions window. They will be given a hand stamp for all-day CuriOdyssey access and checked in as your party guests. The host family and guest of honor should get a hand stamp, too!
CuriOdyssey does not provide decorations, utensils, nor staffing for your party. Please plan accordingly. Janitorial staff will arrive at the end of the party to clean up the room for the next birthday.
If you know prior to the party more guests will attend, let us know and we will upgrade your party if available. On the day of the party, if you are hosting a Redwood Hall Revelry, there is an additional fee of $13.50 per person.
If you are hosting a Classroom Celebration or Stair Step Shindig, you do not have the option of adding additional guests. Please plan your guest list carefully as CuriOdyssey will not allow more than your room's maximum capacity. This is per order of the San Mateo County Fire Marshal. There are no exceptions or negotiations. Parties in violation of Fire Code will incur substantial fees.
Yes! You are welcome to bring in outside entertainment as long as they adhere to CuriOdyssey’s policies. Make sure that any outside entertainment does not bring in any balloons, noisemakers, piñatas, or animals. Tell your entertainment to arrive and prepare during your designated setup time; if they come earlier they will not have access to the party space.
Yes! Our only restriction is no alcohol. Otherwise, you can bring your own food, host a potluck or have food delivered. Please instruct deliveries to occur during the party time. Deliveries do not need to pay the park entrance fee for food delivery. CuriOdyssey does not have a fridge, freezer, or microwave for birthday party use.
Check our live availability from our Birthdays Calendar. Please make sure to check dates and times for the package(s) you are interested in. We can place one three-day hold for you while you decide, but the hold will be released after three days if we have not received your completed reservation form and payment. Please request any holds by email mail to [email protected] or by phone at 650-340-7565. Once your payment is processed you will receive an email confirmation of your party.