STEM Day Camp Director
Seasonal: May – August 20, 2021
Pay Rate $20.00/hr
Do you have an interest in working with young, curious learners, and inspiring the next generation of critical thinkers? Being a CuriOdyssey STEM Day Camp Director may be the position for you. Collaborating with campers sparking excitement, curiosity and exploration through child-centric experiences are how a STEM Day Camp Director inspires a love for science and curiosity about the world.
The STEM Day Camp Director implements our robust curriculum for our kinder to 4th grade campers, provides supervision, leadership, and support to camp staff and youth volunteer “Leaders in Training” and ensures that the camp environment empowers campers to question, investigate, and imagine.
For the summer of 2021 we are seeking a Camp Director to oversee our “Nature Quest” camp. Nature Quest is a new outdoor learning camp combining science, nature, and adventure into a rich and fun experience for campers. The goal is to create a student driven learning environment tailored to the child’s learning needs with great respect for the identity, cultural background and lived experiences of each learner.
The STEM Day Camp Director…
- …facilitates the “Nature Quest” camp activities.
- …understand and alter camp content in alignment with CuriOdyssey’s approach and to meet campers’ diverse learning styles.
- … supervise and guide camp staff (Leaders, and/or Leaders-in-Training), ensuring that campers have a safe and fun learning environment.
- …proactively communicate with a camper’s parent/guardian about the exciting camp activities, the camper’s involvement in camp, and/or camp’s policies and procedures.
- …provides support to other camps.
CuriOdyssey seeks to build a diverse work team and encourages applications from candidates who will add to that diversity. CuriOdyssey is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enable us to better meet our mission. CuriOdyssey considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.