Marketing and Membership Associate
Summary (Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000)
We are seeking an experienced and innovative Marketing and Membership Associate to join our growing Marketing and Development Department. This role will play an integral part in the growth of our membership programs and member base as well as help aid in the creation of awareness around CuriOdyssey’s mission and our exciting future campus expansion. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Marketing and Membership Associate assists in the planning the execution of all marketing initiatives (social media, digital and print) and membership promotions and processing. This role is also responsible for overseeing membership transactions (in conjunction with Guest Services team) and troubleshooting, renewals, retention campaigns, issuance of digital membership cards, analysis and production/coordination of various membership materials and events.
Marketing Strategy and Execution (~70%)
- In tandem with the Director of Marketing, develop and lead campaign deliverables to support engagement, acquisition, and revenue goals for attendance, membership, fundraising, exhibitions, special events, retail, rentals, educator engagement, and more.
- Manages the organization’s online communities and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and NextDoor.
- Strategizes, schedules, and creates appealing, lovable, and inspiring content for online channels, including copy, photos, and video.
- Photographs animals, staff, and events as needed for various projects.
- Produces and edits digital assets, including photo/video marketing materials.
- Updates and manages photo and video library.
- Writes stories and articles for various channels, including newsletter, website, etc.
- Handles various administrative projects, including correspondence with community partners, ad buying, etc., ensuring all communications reflect our brand accurately.
Membership Coordination and Processing (~30%)
- Oversee acquisition and renewal efforts including direct mail, on-site promotions and digital campaigns.
- Work with the Director of Marketing on creative and messaging for member acquisitions and renewals.
- Handle processing of memberships and manage CuriOdyssey’s member portal.
- In conjunction with the Annual Fund Manager, provide detailed ongoing analysis of campaigns and prospects.
- Oversee planning and logistical support for membership sales and member events including members-only hours, exhibition previews, holiday shopping weekend, and member exclusive programming.
- Stay current on all membership industry trends and overall market competition and make recommendations to improve CuriOdyssey membership products.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of marketing and/or membership experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to take initiative, effectively prioritize and work on multiple projects on a regular basis.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an eye for consistency.
- Resourceful and flexible with the ability to work both independently and in a cross functional team.
- Proven ability to turn analysis into action and execute against timelines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and early mornings as needed.
- The ideal candidate will value diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion (JEDI), and embrace organizational aspirations to create an anti-racist culture.
- Strong commitment to the Mission and Core Values of CuriOdyssey.
- 2+ years direct involvement in Marketing or Membership programs at a non-profit or other cultural organization.
- Basic skills in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Canva).
- Experience with Cuseum, Altru, Google, social media, WordPress and knowledge of Spanish language is a plus.
- Working knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Portfolio of past work (social media, photography, videography) preferred but not required (link in resume or cover letter is acceptable).
Please send resume, cover letter and any work/writing samples to [email protected]
CuriOdyssey seeks to build a diverse work team and encourages applications from candidates who will add to that diversity. CuriOdyssey is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enable us to better meet our mission. CuriOdyssey considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other identifiable status.