The Redwood Society
Join CuriOdyssey’s legacy giving program, The Redwood Society, by making a provision for CuriOdyssey in your estate planning, and you will help to inspire generations of children to become the critical thinkers and innovators who will advance and secure the future of our world. We invite you to support our work by making a charitable legacy gift that will last long into the future.
“The single most important step we can take to address the challenges we face is to educate our children.”
– Dr. Terry Root, Nobel-Laureate climate scientist
What We Do
Your legacy gift will support:
- Unforgettable encounters with more than 100 live, non-releasable native California animals in our Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited zoo (fewer than 10% of zoos in the U.S. receive accreditation)
- Deeply memorable school and public programs serving 10% of all 58,000 San Mateo County elementary students each year
- Lowered fees and access to science programs for disadvantaged families
- Our growing collection of groundbreaking, interactive science exhibits
- An award-winning science and wildlife center offering unique science learning opportunities to more than 180,000 visitors annually
You become a member of the Redwood Society when you let us know that a provision for CuriOdyssey has been made in your estate plan. In appreciation, CuriOdyssey is proud to offer special benefits to our Redwood Society.
- Invitation to an annual legacy & loyalty event for Redwood Society members and loyal donors in the fall
- Listing on CuriOdyssey donor wall
- Invitations to other exclusive donor events throughout the year
A bequest to CuriOdyssey is not subject to federal or state estate taxes and is, in fact, deductible to the full extent of the law.
Legacy giving to CuriOdyssey offers you options for making your charitable gifts in ways that may allow you to:
- Leave a charitable legacy for future generations
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible
- Plan for the financial needs of a spouse or loved one
- Reduce your income tax and/or avoid capital gains tax
To make certain that your exact intentions are followed, please consult with your attorney.
Join CuriOdyssey's legacy giving program, The Redwood Society, by making a provision for CuriOdyssey in your estate planning.
For information about planning your legacy gift to CuriOdyssey, or to join The Redwood Society by letting us know about your legacy gift, please contact:
Director of Development
1651 Coyote Point Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401-1097
Or please complete and return our Planned Giving Form: